6 September 2018
An experienced Sheet-metal worker is required for an established manufacturing workshop in Palmerston North.
Applicants will need to be competent, confident, well presented and have a broad knowledge and experience in interpretation of engineering drawings and detailed fabrication work.
Our workshop utilises state of the art technology such as CNC Laser cutting, CNC turret punching, CNC press brakes. Opportunities will be available for training and experience in these areas.
This position requires competence in assembly of sheet metal products and fabrication of copper and stainless components.
As an ideal candidate the following skills and attributes would also be beneficial.
• Experience in Oxy Acetylene welding and TIG welding of stainless steel would be advantageous.
• Experience in operating CNC mill and other metal working machinery
• Work on assembly production lines as required
• Ensures work meets required quality control standards
• Can read engineering drawings and do basic mathematics
• Keen to learn and master new skills
• Tidy work ethics
• Be reliable, punctual, motivated with the ability to work quickly and accurately while unsupervised
• Good work ethics and a team player
• Ability to follow set instructions and procedures
You may also be asked to undertake other duties within various departments to achieve delivery targets.
Regular hours will be 6.00am to 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday and overtime offered on Fridays if available
Available to start ASAP
This will be a permanent position and an opportunity to join a good team with great working conditions.
To apply please email a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applicants for this position should have relevant experience and NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa, if not your application may not be replied too.